The Cultural Village Foundation is an exceptional project of hope for human interaction through art and cultural exchange – a project made possible thanks to the inspired vision, solid faith and wise leadership of HH Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Father Emir of the State of Qatar. Keeping pace with the emerging global culture that emphasises the importance of diversity in human development, Katara Cultural Village is the largest and the most multidimensional cultural project of Qatar. It is a place where people come together to experience the cultures of the world. With beautiful theatres, concert halls, exhibition galleries and cutting-edge facilities, Katara aims to become a world leader for multi-cultural activities. In line with the goals set forward by the Qatar National Vision 2030, Katara serves as a guardian to the heritage and traditions of Qatar and endeavours to spread awareness about the importance of every culture and civilization and as such, Katara hosts international, regional and local festivals, workshops, performances and exhibitions.
- The ramp provided is not suitable, due to the steepness and design.
- The ramp is narrow, and may not be suitable for some larger wheelchairs/scooters.
- The surface of the ramp(s) is slip resistant and suitable for all users
- Where there are multiple building/entrances the majority of the ramps to the entrances are unsuitable.
- There is edge protection on the majority of the ramps, however some do not.
- On some of the ramps a hand rail is provided on both sides. N – handrails are not provided.
- All of the ramps/steps are clearly lit for someone using them in a wheelchair or with mobility equipment.